Alejandro Fernandez • over 5 years ago
Hi all, given that we only have 4:30 hours of hacking, I want to propose the following ideas.
They don't have to be polished, just enough to be able to perform a demo.
* Create a custom alert definition, or make it easier to write your own.
* Make it easier to write a custom service, maybe use Apache Server
* Log search.
E.g., ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
Can also use Grafana, Banana for UI, or switch to Lucene and Solr
* Custom View, e.g., to visualize how a Rolling Upgrade is going, and estimate how much time it will take.
* Zookeeper View, that will allow deleting znodes (or moving to a _trash location so they can be undeleted).
* vim or emacs theme for the log viewer in Ambari
* Pluggable or distributed Stack Advisor
* Custom Commands to take snapshots of HDFS, HBASE. For brownie points, add a dialog box that can accept where to save the backup, and pass it as an argument. This can also be used to backup databases for Hive, Oozie, etc.
Feel free to comment and add your own ideas.
Comments are closed.